The Kibra Constituency by-election will be held on the 7th November, 2019.
The by-election is occasioned by the death of Ken Okoth. The MP died in July due to complications arising from cancer.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has gazetted 24 candidates for the Kibra by-election, however only three have received the most coverage in the media, Owalo, Mariga and Imran.
The 24 candidates IEBC cleared for the contest are:
- Anaciet Dorn (DP),
- Martin Andati (Modern Alliance Party),
- Felix Anditi (Independent),
- Ibrahim Kimorko (Roots Party),
- Kassim Abdul (The New Democrats),
- Titus Mutinda (Republican Liberty Party),
- Fridah Kerubo (Independent),
- Khamisi Butichi (Ford Kenya),
- Mathew Musyoka (Independent),
- Jared Nyakundi (National Liberal Party),
- Elijah Nyamwamu (National Rainbow Coalition – Kenya),
- Editar Ochieng’ (Ukweli Party).
13. Emmanuel Owiti (Green Congress),
14. David Odanga (Independent),
15. Isaac Ogongo (Justice and Freedom party),
16. Fransco Ojiambo (Party of Democratic Unity),
17. Shedrack Omondi (I),
18. Benard Imran Okoth (ODM),
19. Shem Ocharo (Munngano),
20. Abraham Okoth (Independent),
21. Eliud Owalo (ANC),
22. Hamida Musa (United Green Movement),
23. McDonald Mariga (Jubilee) and
24. Noah Migudo (Independent).
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]