Estimators estimate Duane Martin net worth to be $15 million.
Duane Martin, an American actor and comedian, gains recognition for his roles in films like “Scream 2,” “The Other Guys,” and “The Seat Filler.” Additionally, he has made appearances on television shows including “All of Us” and “Real Husbands of Hollywood.”
Apart from his acting career, Martin has ventured into real estate investments and taken up producer roles for numerous films and television shows.
Duane Martin Biography
- Duane Martin was born in Brooklyn, New York, in August 1965.
- He played college basketball at New York University.
- In 1989, the National Basketball Association’s New York Knicks signed him as an undrafted free agent.
- Unfortunately, the team cut him, and he did not get the opportunity to play in the NBA, which led him to focus on acting.
- His first TV appearance was in 1990 in Moe’s World.
- Duane made his film debut in the 1992 basketball movie White Men Can’t Jump.
- He also starred in the basketball-related film Above the Rim.
- Martin’s acting career continued with roles in films like Down Periscope, Scream 2, The Faculty, Any Given Sunday, Deliver Us from Eva, and Ride or Die.
- He had recurring roles in TV shows Out All Night, Getting Personal, All of Us, Rita Rocks, and The Paul Reiser Show.
- Duane appeared in the “I’ll Make Love to You” music video by Boyz II Men.
- In 2013, he starred in the TV series Real Husbands of Hollywood.
- In 1996, he married actress Tisha Campbell-Martin, known for her roles in Martin and My Wife and Kids.
- The couple has two children together.
- Duane has received nominations for a Daytime Emmy Award, an NAACP Image Award, and two BET Comedy Awards.
Duane Martin’s Career
- Duane Martin decided to pursue a career in films and television.
- He made his first appearance in the NBC comedy series ‘Out All Night’ on TV.
- Duane was featured in the music video “I’ll Make Love to You” by Boyz II Men.
- He played a cast member in the popular Fox sitcom ‘Getting Personal’.
- In the UPN/The CW sitcom ‘All of Us’, he portrayed the role of TV reporter Robert James.
- In 2009, he guest-starred as Chuck in the sitcom ‘Rita Rocks’.
- In 2011, he also guest-starred as Fernando in ‘The Paul Reiser Show’.
- Duane Martin was part of famous films like White Men Can’t Jump, The Inkwell, Above the Rim, and others.
- He played the lead character in the romantic comedy ‘The Seat Filler’.
- In the BET comedy ‘Real Husbands of Hollywood’, he portrays himself.
- In 2017, he played the role of Louil Silas Jr. in the film ‘The New Edition Story’.
- When film offers were scarce, he eventually became a real estate agent.
- Duane Martin is regarded as one of the best and refined actors in the U.S. today.
- He has received multiple award nominations and won many of them.
- In 1993, he received a nomination for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Special.
- In 2004 and 2005, he earned nominations for BET Comedy Awards for his comedy roles in ‘Deliver Us From Eva’ and ‘All of Us’.
- In 2007, he garnered a nomination for an NAACP Image Award for his role in the comedy series ‘All of Us’.
- Duane primarily works in TV and films.
- He married the renowned actor and singer Tisha Campbell in 1996.
- They have two kids, Xen Martin and Ezekiel Martin, from this marriage.
- The couple faced financial difficulties and went bankrupt with a debt of $15 million.
- There were controversies surrounding their financial struggles and the future of their two sons.
- However, they got divorced in 2018 after being married for 22 years.
- They filed for divorce in February 2018, and it was finalized in December 2020.
Bankruptcy and Divorce
- Tisha Campbell and Duane Martin filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, claiming $15 million worth of debt.
- They listed their assets in real estate as $65,000 and $248,000 in personal property.
- The couple’s monthly income was $7,655, and they spent approximately $16,953 monthly.
- Tisha filed for divorce from her then-husband Duane after being together for 22 years.
- She claimed to own $1.5 million but had no income source.
- Tisha also accused Duane of hiding money during their marriage.
- In 2009, Tisha and Duane sold their property in Lake Arrowhead, California, for $1.597 million.
- The property was originally purchased by the couple for $880,000 and featured a large living space and water access for boat owners.
- They invested $900,000 in another property in Chatsworth, which became their primary residence.
- Duane sold his Chatsworth property to pay off his numerous debts.
- He also took out a $1.5 million loan provided by Will Smith.
- Tisha Campbell prevented Duane from receiving the amount from the sale of the Chatsworth property.
- The couple faced financial struggles, leading them to sell their family home.
- Tisha argued that Duane and his family should not benefit from the real estate sale.
Who Is Duane Martin’s Ex-Wife, Tisha Campbell?
- Tisha Campbell, who is 55 years old as of 2023, hails from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Her mother, Mona Shockley, was a talent manager, vocal coach, and gospel singer, while her father worked as a singer and a factory worker.
- Campbell grew up with four brothers and a sister and attended Newark Arts High School before joining the Washington Academy of Music.
- Tisha made her film debut in the 1986 musical comedy “Little Shop of Horrors.”
- She starred in the comedy-drama series “Rags to Riches” and appeared in several other films, including “School Daze” (1988), “Boomerang” (1989), and the comedy “House Party” (1990).
- Her performance in “House Party” earned her a nomination for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female.
- She has been nominated for the NAACP Image Award for her role in the comedy series “My Wife and Kids.”
- In 1993, Tisha released her debut self-titled album and has also appeared in numerous music videos, including those for R&B singer Toni Braxton and Will Smith.
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]