• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Kenyan Business Feed
  • Home
  • African
  • News
    • Agribusiness
    • Courts
    • Hospitality
    • Manufacturing
  • Education
  • Health
  • Reports & Analysis
  • World Business
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • African
  • News
    • Agribusiness
    • Courts
    • Hospitality
    • Manufacturing
  • Education
  • Health
  • Reports & Analysis
  • World Business
No Result
View All Result
Kenyan Business Feed
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Court declines to stop trial of ex-PS Omollo

Kenyan Business Feed by Kenyan Business Feed
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

[ad_1]

Table of Contents

Toggle
        • Economy
  • Court declines to stop trial of ex-PS Omollo
Economy

Court declines to stop trial of ex-PS Omollo

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 21:52


By SAM KIPLAGAT

 Lilian Omollo
Former principal secretary Lilian Omollo. FILE PHOTO | NMG 

The High Court Wednesday declined to stop the ongoing trial of former Principal Secretary Lillian Omollo and others implicated in the National Youth Service (NYS) scam pending the determination of a petition she has filed on witness coaching.

Ms Omollo argues that the common witnesses in the cases before three magistrates keep altering their testimonies.

All civil servants, including Ms Omollo, former NYS director general Richard Ndubai and 28 others appear in all the three cases while the traders implicated are tried before different courts.

But in the application, Ms Omollo through Stephen Ligunya said of the 40 witnesses, 23 are common in all the three courts. He said three witnesses who have so far testified, modify their testimony to introduce new matters not covered in their witness statements.

“There is irrefutable evidence of improper and intentional influence on testimony by prosecution witnesses through witness collusion and witness coaching,” he said.

The former PS wants the court to order the three magistrates to sit together during the hearing and cross-examination of the common witnesses.

But the DPP through principal prosecution counsel Caroline Kirimi argued that the petition was an abuse of court process because the High Court lacks jurisdiction to form a bench of three magistrates to conduct the trial.

Justice Onyiego directed the parties to appear before him on June 5, but declined to stop the trial over loss of money at the NYS.

[ad_2]

Source link


Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]
Kenyan Business Feed

Kenyan Business Feed

Recommended.

Milestone achievement for Mshwari as it disburses over Ksh430b in loans in seven years

Milestone achievement for Mshwari as it disburses over Ksh430b in loans in seven years

December 12, 2019
Unravelling the 29-year-old helicopter which killed Kobe Bryant and his daughter

Unravelling the 29-year-old helicopter which killed Kobe Bryant and his daughter

January 27, 2020

Subscribe.

Trending.

Student Leaders Slam HELB and Ministry Over University Funding Delays

August 1, 2025
Tourism CS Rebecca Miano announces new measures at Maasai Mara, including ranger deployments, clearer signage, and public education following a viral tourist incident.

Government Tightens Maasai Mara Rules After Viral Tourist Clip

August 26, 2025
Safaricom launches B Live, a first of its kind service allowing customers to buy internet access by the hour, offering flexible one hour three hour and six hour bundles for students creators and professionals.

Safaricom Expands Digital Options with Innovative B Live Product That Adapts to Different Usage Habits

August 21, 2025

Co-op Bank Empowers Over 249,000 Kenyan MSMEs with Loans and Training

August 21, 2025
Tourism CS Rebecca Miano on Tuesday convened coastal public-private stakeholders in Mombasa to accelerate Kenya’s MICE sector growth, announcing progress on re-establishing the Kenya National Convention Bureau and urging youth-led innovation in tourism.

Kenya Ramps Up MICE Sector Reforms as CS Miano Confirms Convention Bureau Revival

July 1, 2025
Kenyan Business Feed

We focus on news, analysis, and reports about Kenyan business, covering sectors like agriculture, finance, tourism, and technology.

Categories

  • African
  • Agribusiness
  • Courts
  • Education
  • Health
  • Hospitality
  • Manufacturing
  • NetWorths
  • News
  • Reports & Analysis
  • World Business

Popular News

  • First look at the prison where El Chapo may live for the rest of his life

    First look at the prison where El Chapo may live for the rest of his life

    2157 shares
    Share 1040 Tweet 466
  • Sameer Africa CEO Sacked

    1804 shares
    Share 750 Tweet 439

Recent News

Tourism CS Rebecca Miano announces new measures at Maasai Mara, including ranger deployments, clearer signage, and public education following a viral tourist incident.

Government Tightens Maasai Mara Rules After Viral Tourist Clip

August 26, 2025

Co-op Bank Empowers Over 249,000 Kenyan MSMEs with Loans and Training

August 21, 2025
  • Home
  • African
  • News
  • Education
  • Health
  • Reports & Analysis
  • World Business

© 2025 KBF

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • African
  • News
    • Agribusiness
    • Courts
    • Hospitality
    • Manufacturing
  • Education
  • Health
  • Reports & Analysis
  • World Business

© 2025 KBF