You have an emergency, no cash at hand; so frustrating. You wish you could find a financial institution that would just process and disburse your loan request in real time. Sounds familiar? You can rely on the Okolea loan app for such emergencies.
Okolea loan app, a brainchild of Okolea International, is a digital loans app. It offers loans to Kenyans regardless of their regional, social, and economic status, on their mobile phones. To use the app, you have to find and install it on your mobile phone. Learn how to do it here.
Okolea loan Android app
In Kenya, Android OS is the most widely used OS because of its availability, and it is cheap, therefore, can be afforded by the average Kenyan. Most international phone models use the Android OS. Therefore it is logical to create an app that can be easily accessed on an Android phone, and that is what Okolea International Limited has done.
The Okolea loan apk only works on Android devices with Android 4.2 and above.
Okolea loan app download
- Allow background data or establish a Wi-Fi connection. If you are using mobile data, ensure it is not in restricted mode. Google Android services will not function if you restrict their access to data. To reduce data usage during this period, launch your task manager app and force stop all the background apps.
- Launch the Google Play store app: Go to your apps and then scroll to Google Play Store app, tap its icon and move to the next step.
- Search for “Okolea”: In the uppermost part of your screen, there is an app search box which will be of much assistance in this step. Using your keyboard, type in the app name in the box and press the OK button. Your results will be processed in a few seconds. Click on the application icon once you locate it. It should be the first app you see on the list.
- Press the “install” button: After clicking on the app’s icon, a new window opens. Here, you will see the app’s overall rating, screenshots, and customer reviews. You will see an “Install” button on the new window just before reviews and ratings. Click on it. A notification will appear with a list of all the permissions the app will have on your device.
NB: Before clicking on the “Accept” button, please review all the app permission and make sure you are comfortable with them.
Your download will start automatically and installation after that. Do not exit the app until installation is complete.
Okolea loan apk upgrade on Android
The app developers sometimes need to make a few changes on the app like improve security, fix bugs or increase app speed, all these to ensure the users’ satisfaction. In such cases, the changes will result in a newer version of the app, thus requiring users to download an upgrade. Below are the steps to download an upgrade on android phones:
- Allow background data: Updating an app, just like when you were installing it, requires internet access. Remember the need to check whether you have restricted data access or not, depending on whether you are using mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Open Google Play Store and then its menu: Open the menu by clicking on the three horizontal dashes piling up, a drop-down menu with numerous options will appear.
- Choose “My apps & games”: Your phone will scan all your installed apps and determine the ones that need should be updated. After the process is complete, scroll down up to “Okolea”. (If you don’t see it, then you have the latest version on your device.)
- If you want to update all applications in the window, press the “update all” option. Press the “Update” button: To update Okolea only, tap on its icon, it will open up in a new page. Click the update button to install a new version.
You have successfully downloaded the Okolea loan app. The assumption is, you became interested and downloaded it because you urgently need a loan. Now, here is how to get your loan.
Getting started with Okolea loan app
With the Okolea loan app already installed on your Android smartphone, now you need to fill in the registration form. If you already have an account you just enter the email address you registered with and the password and log in.
1. For new members, you tap on the “Don’t have an account” option below and sign up.
Details required for registration include:
- Mobile phone number (M-pesa enabled)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- ID number
2. Enter personal details.
3. Create and confirm the account password.
You are now a registered member, and you can apply for a loan.
READ ALSO: Zidisha loan app – download and installation
How to apply for a loan from Okolea
- Log in the app
- Check the displayed loan limit and apply
- Your loan will be sent to your M-pesa number verified by Okolea.
How to repay loan
- Select the Repay Button within the app and proceed
- Or Go to M-pesa
- Lipa na M-pesa
- Pay bill
- Enter the business number (enter 245316)
- Account number (enter your phone number)
- Amount (enter the loan amount)
- Submit your request
Okolea loan customer care
In case of any queries about your loan, you can contact customer care using the following Okolea loan contacts.
You can also visit their Nairobi Regional Office, which is located at the Mezzanine floor Posta building, Ronald Ngala Street. Their other location is at the Kiambu Regional Office, Henmar Court, 1st floor, Room number 9.
Loaded in a few steps
You can access quick cash using the Okolea loan app. As highlighted above, the application only requires few details about you and you will be ready to go. In case you forget any of the installation steps, you can refer to this article for the best guideline.
READ ALSO: Berry loan app – download and installation
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]