Music forum will have six-panel discussions that will tackle a number of topics from Intellectual Property, Publishing and Legal Protection
Boomplay, the largest music streaming and downloading service in Africa, will host its first Music Forum on Tuesday 21st May 2019. The industry gathering will target artists, music producers, promoters and distributors, among other key stakeholders in the music business and will focus on the topic ‘Focus on Digital Music Distribution’ and ‘The Future is Streaming’.
Ahead of the forum, General Manager Boomplay Kenya, Martha Huro said, “The conversations around the Kenyan music industry are constantly ongoing. This is our first of many forums as Boomplay Kenya and we hope the session provides more insight into how Kenya’s industry can be on par with its counterparts by providing solutions and offering industry know-how to maneuver this ever-changing entertainment landscape. We will have a highly interactive session with key players in the industry.”
provides more insight into how Kenya’s industry can be on par with its counterparts
Head of Content Acquisition at Boomplay Kenya, Elizabeth Karuru added, “One reason Kenyan music isn’t getting around the continent as it should is distribution. Here, at Boomplay we want to solve that problem by formulating new relationships with artists and assuring the industry that we will use our networks and branches across Africa to promote Kenyan music across our platforms.”
Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 22163
The forum will have six-panel discussions that will tackle a number of topics from Intellectual Property, Publishing and Legal Protection, Production, Digital Distribution, Music Labels to PR and Branding.
- Intellectual Property, Publishing and Legal Protection: a talk by Davis Katee (an associate at James. T Makori Advocates) tackling IP, Copyright Law and the challenges facing Kenyan artists with regards to IP.
2. Production: What makes a good producer? : A talk by Eric Musyoka (Decimal Records), on the Business, Creative and Technical Aspects of Music.
3. Digital Distribution: a talk discussion by Martha Huro (General Manager Boomplay Kenya), about Boomplay, a review of the past years and plans for the year.
4. PR and Branding: a talk about how to package and brand yourself as an artist by Anyiko Owoko (Music Publicist & Founder Anyiko Public Relations)
5. Labels: a talk about some of the factors labels consider when looking to invest in an artist steered by John Andrews (Universal Media Group).
6. My experience as a Kenyan artist: an industry discussion on what it takes to grow and nurture your career as an artist in Kenya with panelists -Kenyan songstress Vivian, producer Cedo and legendary artist Nameless, among others.
Tell Us What You Think