Customers who operate salary accounts at Co-operative bank can get an MCo-op Cash salary advance loan directly from the phone via MCo-op Cash app.
With Mco-op Cash, you can access the following services;
- Deposit or save money
- Apply and pay for a loan
- Send money to another MCo-op Cash Account, Co-op Bank Account or SACCO Account
- Send money to other mobile money services, for example, M-PESA
- Withdraw money at a Co-op Agent or Co-op ATM
- Transfer money to and from your Co-op Account or SACCO Account
- Buy airtime for any mobile number
- Pay bills, for example, KPLC, DStv, KRA Tax and Insurance
- Pay for goods and services
- Pay fees, for example, school fees or rent
- Check your account balance or get a statement
- Buy, sell or transfer shares
- Activate SMS alerts for debits and credits
The MCo-op Cash Salary Loan is available to those who receive their Salary through their Co-op Bank account.
1. Signing up
- Register for MCo-op Cash (free of charge)
- Link your salary account at the nearest branch
- Apply for a loan
The money is deposited in the customer account once approved.
Customers can apply for up to 1.5 times of their net salary as received in their Co-op Bank account up to a maximum of Ksh. 200,000.
3. Loan interest
The charges on the loans are 8% and are deducted up-front before the loan is deposited into your account.
4. Repayment period
The repayment for Mco-op cash loan is 1 month or 3 months and you have to choose when applying. Either way, you will only be charged the one-off fee of 8% of the loan amount.
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]