Samsung has began a partnership with Windows that aims to wipe out the differences between Smartphones and PCs
Microsoft and Samsung are forming a closer partnership for Android mobile apps that will help bridge the gap to Windows PCs.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella appeared onstage at Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10 launch, noted that this partnership is “a new chapter of our long term commitment to improve productivity and eliminate the gap between mobile devices and the PC.”
” This begins the next chapter of our long-standing partnership with Samsung and is another step in our journey to bring the best of Microsoft productivity to the devices you know and love. We are excited to announce that the new Samsung Galaxy Note10 phones will help you get more done right out of the box”
The deal will enable Samsung’s phones to also use Microsoft’s OneDrive service to store photos. And Microsoft’s popular Outlook email program, as well as its Office productivity suite of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, will be included with each Galaxy Note 10.
ABOUT THE GALAXY NOTE10
Inspired by a generation that flows seamlessly between work and life, the Galaxy Note10 gives users the freedom to work the way they want and showcase their creative spirit, all on-the-go. For years, the Galaxy Note series has helped millions of loyal users around the world pursue their passions and achieve their goals, and with the Galaxy Note10, Samsung is helping users do more of what they love.
“From the very beginning, the Galaxy Note has stood for the best-of-the-best technologies and features. The Galaxy Note10 re-imagines this promise for the modern Note fan who uses their smartphone to take their productivity and creativity to the next-level, and who effortlessly flows between ideas and endeavours at a moment’s notice,” said Samsung Electronics East Africa Managing Director Soek Min Hong .
“Every element of Galaxy Note10 was designed to help users achieve more. Whether they’re finishing a big project for work, capturing and editing a video, or playing their favourite mobile game, the Galaxy Note10 will help them do it faster and better.”
Stand out features of the Note10
Galaxy Note10 features new technologies, enhanced capabilities and powerful integrations all in service of giving users the freedom to work in the way that makes them the most productive.
- Handwriting to Text: The Galaxy Note10 brings a powerful new capability to the re-designed, uni-body S Pen. Now, users can jot down notes, instantly convert their handwriting to digital text in Samsung Notes, and export it to a variety of different formats, including Microsoft Word. Users can now customise notes by shrinking, enlarging, or changing the colour of the text. In just a few taps, meeting minutes can be formatted and shared; bursts of inspiration can quickly become editable documents.
- Evolution of the S Pen: Note10 builds on the Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled S Pen capabilities introduced on the Note9 by adding Air actions, allowing you to control certain aspects of the device using gestures with the S Pen. By opening up the Air actions SDK, developers can create customised controls that give users the ability to play games or use their favourite applications using gestures.
- Samsung DeX for PC: Galaxy Note10 extends Samsung DeX’s capabilities, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, users can drag and drop files between devices, and use their favourite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping their data secure on their phone through Samsung Knox.
- Link to Windows: Galaxy Note10 integrates Link to Windows directly into the Quick Panel. With one click, users can connect to their Windows 10 PC. There, they can see notifications, send and receive messages, and review recent photos without pausing to look down at their phone.
- Premium Video Technology: The Galaxy Note10 enables users to capture pro-grade video without having to carry around any extra gear. Live focus video adds depth-of-field adjustments so you can blur the background to focus on your subject.Zoom-In Mic amplifies the audio in frame and pushes background noise aside to help focus on the sounds that you want. And to remove the bumps and shakes that usually make an action shot blurry, new and improved Super steady stabilises footage, and is now available in Hyperlapse mode for steady time-lapse videos.
- Quick and Easy Video Editing: Once they’ve recorded their video, Galaxy Note10 users can edit-on-the-go instantly right from their phone. Video editor can be used with the S Pen, so instead of having to tap to select or edit a clip, users can choose the precise moment they want to trim. For creators who need even more control over their footage, Adobe Rush on the Galaxy Note10 provides a sophisticated suite of editing tools, now even more accurate with the S Pen.
- Screen recorder: For gamers who want to add some personality to their streams, or vloggers who want to enhance their tutorials, Galaxy Note10 introduces Screen recorder. Easily capture what’s on the screen, use picture-in-picture to add reactions, and use the S Pen to annotate as they record for a more entertaining, engaging video.
- AR Doodle and 3D Scanner: Galaxy Note10 integrates bleeding-edge AR and 3D capabilities into the camera. Along with an Ultra-Wide camera, it opens up an entirely new medium for creators. With AR Doodle, use the S Pen to personalise photos with dynamic drawings, effects, and animations that track to the image. And with 3D Scanner, a ground-breaking first for the Note, the Galaxy Note10+’s DepthVision camera can take a scan of an object, and instantly turn it into a movable 3D rendering.
- Night Mode: People take plenty of selfies in low light situations—at dinner, at concerts or just enjoying a sunset. Night Mode, now available on the front camera, lets users capture striking selfies no matter how dim or dark the conditions.
PERFORMANCE AND POWER USAGE
Note fans use their phones to do just about everything—not just tackling everyday tasks, but taking on big projects: running their business, editing video for their social media channels, creating beautiful illustrations with the S Pen. To help them do it all, the Galaxy Note10 is engineered with top-tier hardware and next level features.
- Super-Fast Charging: With just 30 minutes of charge, Galaxy Note10+ lasts through the day with up to 45W wired charging capability.
- Wireless PowerShare: Wireless PowerShare comes to the Note. Users can wirelessly recharge their Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Buds, or another Qi-enabled device with the Galaxy Note10
- Gaming: As mobile games get more processing-heavy and graphics-rich, the best gaming experiences require top specs. Galaxy Note10 features the world’s slimmest vapour chamber cooling system, which delivers optimal performance during gameplay while keeping the device slim and sleek. With the AI-based Game Booster, Galaxy Note10 optimises performance and power consumption depending on the game. And with the PlayGalaxy Link P2P streaming service, users can pick up where users left off on any PC game and enable them to continue playing on the move with no need for local storage.
- Hyperfast Speeds: With LTE and 5G-ready options, Note10 users can take full advantage of their carriers’ fastest speeds. Galaxy Note10+ 5G harnesses the full power of the next generation network for streaming high resolution video, downloading content hyper fast, and streaming graphics-heavy games in real time. By allowing us to do everything we love, hyper fast, the Note10+ 5G is changing the way we consume content and connect with friends and family.
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]