Centum Real Estate Limited, a fully-owned subsidiary of Centum Investment Company Plc, is seeking to recruit an ambitious, practical and entrepreneurial, Property Manager responsible for all day-to-day estate operations while optimizing income from residential units and developing plans to fully let out completed homes who will seamlessly achieve 100% occupancy and cash collection targets.
The above (Property Manager) will work collaboratively with the Sales team, home buyers and agents to fully let out the homes. Additionally, the property manager is expected to be a pro-active entrepreneur who owns the commercial aspects of the business while maintaining high quality estates.
Working in a highly dynamic environment, where everything is due now or yesterday; the Property Manager is expected to make the impossible possible, achieve 100% occupancy with a waiting list, achieve 100% rent and service charge collection, undertake planned preventive maintenance within budget, manage multiple clients, and work extended hours in a demanding high-performance environment while generating above target results consistently.
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of assigned residential, retail and/or commercial properties to satisfy the requirements of the property owners/owners and tenants, to preserve and increase the value of the properties and to meet the financial objectives of the investors and management.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Handle all customer inquiries or tenant requests in a timely, courteous manner.
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the property / estate to meet cash flow objectives.
- Maximize gross potential rent and minimize vacancies by renting out all vacant homes and timely collection of rent and service charges.
- Conduct asset performance review on a regular basis to determine whether the residential units are meeting short- and long-term objectives (rental growth, occupancy and return on investment)
- Focus on activities that add value to each property and enhance operational functions to sustain that value.
- Develop annual rental income revenue target and monitor revenue collections on a regular basis and implement realistic plans to ensure above target collections
- Develop and implement a letting and marketing plan to ensure all the completed residential homes maintain full occupancy.
- Develop annual operating budgets and continuously monitor operational expenses to ensure cost remain below budget while the company obtains value for money.
- Negotiate and evaluates new/existing property management contracts while ensuring adequate staffing, funding, building/equipment safety.
- Responsible for ensuring that projects developed and/or managed remain well maintained
- Visually inspect the facility daily, note any repairs and / maintenance that may need to address.
- Manage relationships with tenants, homeowners, vendors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Ensure the company complies with all regulatory & insurance requirements.
Qualifications and experience
- The jobholder will have a demonstratable record of accomplishment and prior experience working within a busy property management firm managing a large residential estate
- In-depth understanding of property management
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to property management.
- Registration by Estate Agents Registration Board
- 3-5 years’ previous experience in commercial property management.
- Ability to deal well with people and get them to feel comfortable quickly
- Scheduling maintenance and repairs for building, grounds, and amenities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to close a sale
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Centum Real Estate Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]