According to the latest Forbes report which was finalized on March 18th, there are 17 billionaires in the African Continent and For the ninth year in a row, Aliko Dangote of Nigeria is the richest person in Africa with $8.3 billion as of March 18thth and $7.4 billion at the time of this publication, down from over $10 billion in the beginning of the year.
Egypt leads with the number of billionaires in the continent with five followed bySouth Africa with four and Nigeria which has three billionaires. Swaziland, Angola, Tanzania, Algeria and Morocco have one billionaire each.
Here is a list of all the billionaires in the continent in no particular order:
- Nicky Oppenheimer & family – South Africa
- Johann Rupert & family – South Africa
- Nassef Sawiris – Egypt
- Abdulsamad Rabiu – Nigeria
- Mike Adenuga – Nigeria
- Aziz Akhannouch & family – Morocco
- Isabel dos Santos – Angola
- Issad Rebrab & family – Algeria
- Mohammed Dewji – Tanzania
- Koos Bekker – South Africa
- Aliko Dangote – Nigeria
- Nathan Kirsh – Swaziland
- Patrice Motsepe – South Africa
- Mohamed Mansour – Egypt
- Naguib Sawiris – Egypt
- Yasseen Mansour – Egypt
- Youssef Mansour – Egypt
Data here is obtained from the latest report by Forbes which was finalized on March 18th.
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to email@example.com