James Githii Mburu has ceased to be the Commissioner General of the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) before the end of his second term, as per the announcement made by the board of KRA.
“The Board has today received the resignation letter of the Commissioner General FCPA Githii Mburu MGH, CBS who resigned to pursue personal interests. Following the resignation, the Board has appointed FCCA, CS Rispah Simiyu (Mrs), Advocate, EBS to be the Acting Commissioner General KRA with effect from 23rd February, 2023 until the position is substantively and competitively filled. The Board appreciates Mr Mburu for the service he has rendered to KRA and the Republic of Kenya and wishes him very well in his future endeavours,” the statement from the board said in part.
Mburu has been replaced by Commissioner Rispah Simiyu in an acting capacity.
First appointed in July 2019, Mburu’s tenure was extended by former National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani.
Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani gazetted the extension of the term from three to five years on August 12 2021.
Githii Mburu’s tenure was meant to end in 2026.
Other executive changes announced by KRA include:
To further enhance the revenue mobilization agenda and synergies in top management, the following changes have been made:
i. Mrs. Pamela Ahago has been appointed the Acting Commissioner Domestic Taxes,
2. Mr. David Mwangi has been appointed as the Acting Commissioner Customs and Border Control,
3. Mr. David Yego has been appointed the Commissioner in charge of Intelligence, Strategic Operations, Investigation and Enforcement,
4. Ms. Nancy Ng’etich has been appointed Acting Commissioner Corporate Support Services.
5. Dr. Mohammed Omar remains Commissioner Strategy Innovation and Risk Management
6. Dr. Fred Mugambi Mwirigi remains Commissioner Kenya School of Revenue Administration
7. Mr. Paul Matuku rem ins Commissioner Legal Services and Board Coordination
Kenyan Business Feed is the top Kenyan Business Blog. We share news from Kenya and across the region. To contact us with any alert, please email us to [email protected]